5 Ways to Prep Your Home for Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving! If you are hosting your family for Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow, here is a list of five simple ways to get your home ready for the turkey day celebration.
- Create a wonderful-smelling oasis in guest rooms and bathrooms for your guests by adding calming scented candles. Vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin are seasonal scents that complement those delicious notes of the dinner you’ve been slaving over.
- Adding clean sheets and freshly-folded towels in your guest bedroom will add to the overall relaxing vibe of your home with minimal effort on your part.
- The entryway of your home is typically your guests’ first impression when arriving. Add a fresh floral arrangement or DIY fall decor to your entryway. Setting the mood immediately will mean less decorating you will have to do elsewhere in your home.
- Turn on some internet radio (Spotify might even have a Thanksgiving playlist) and have it playing softly in the background. It’ll fill any awkward silences and help guests feel more at ease.
- Open the windows during or after cleaning to eliminate any overpowering chemical smells. Even better, schedule a maintenance appointment for your HVAC system to ensure the air in your home is as fresh as possible.