Commercial Deep Fryer Safety Tips
Operating a commercial deep fat fryer can be a dangerous task! However, if you work in the restaurant industry, it’s likely that your deep fat fryer is an important piece of kitchen equipment that you need to use regularly. Whether you’re cooking up the perfect corn dog, donut, French fries, mozzarella sticks or countless other delicious treats, our commercial deep fat fryer safety tips can help you delight your customers with delectable treats, and stay safe at work.
Deep Fryer Safety Tips
In terms of commercial deep fryer safety tips, it’s important to consider the operation of the deep fat fryer, safety of the surrounding area and safety in terms of how the food is prepared.
The following deep fat fryer safety tips relate to safely operating the deep fat fryer:
- Be aware of your surroundings and the setup of your deep fat fryer.
- Always wear suitable clothing and footwear to protect your skin from hot fat.
- Use non-slip floor mats to help prevent slips and falls caused by splashes of oil.
- Be aware of where your power cord is, so you don’t trip or pull the cord out unexpectedly.
- Do not overfill the fryer with too much food, or with oil above the fill line.
- Wait until your fryer returns to room temperature before you empty the oil or clean the deep fryer.
Fire Prevention Tips
Deep fat fryer fire safety and fire prevention tips are some of the most important when it comes to deep fat fryer safety. To put deep fat fryer fire safety first, consider the following and more:
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher close to hand in case of emergencies, and ensure it is the most suitable type of fire extinguisher for use with deep fat fryers and other kitchen equipment.
- Never use water to put out a grease fire.
- To prioritize deep fat fryer fire safety, ensure you set up your deep fat fryer away from any open flames.
- Keeping your deep fat fryer clean is another important tip in terms of deep fat fryer fire safety.
How food is cooked is also important in terms of deep fat fryer safety.
- It is important that the food cooked in your deep fat fryer reaches the intended internal temperature. Food that is not thoroughly cooked can cause your customers to get sick.
- Use a deep-fry thermometer to check the temperature of the oil in your deep fat fryer.
Whether you use a deep fat fryer regularly or not, it’s always important to be prepared for accidents.
- Ensure you and others working in the kitchen have some basic knowledge of first aid tips for burns.
- Always keep a first aid kit close to hand to prioritize deep fat fryer safety.
- As mentioned earlier, keep a kitchen fire extinguisher readily available.
- Always wait for the oil to cool before cleaning up a spill. Learn to clean up oil spills using absorbent materials, for example oat meal or corn starch.
- Keep your deep fat fryer clean and regularly maintained.
Contact Quick Servant
Do you have a deep fat fryer in need of repair or a maintenance check? Deep fat fryers need regular maintenance to ensure they keep working safely and efficiently. Contact Quick Servant to take a look at your deep fat fryer.