The Complete Guide to Cleaning Your Walk-In Freezer
Whether you own a convenience store, market or restaurant, your walk-in freezer is an important investment that needs to be taken care of to function efficiently. One of the easiest ways to do this is through regular cleaning, which can be done with a little know-how and supplies you likely already have around. Read on to learn helpful tips for cleaning your walk-in freezer.
How To Clean a Commercial Walk-In Freezer
What You’ll Need:
– Stiff bristle brush
– Broom or mop
Condenser Coils: Soap and water is the best solution for cleaning the condenser coils as harsh chemicals can be abrasive and cause your appliance to corrode. We recommend cleaning condenser coils with a self-rinsing cleanser, soap, water and a stiff bristle brush at least twice per year.
Drain Lines: Drain lines can be tricky to clean, so we recommend working with a professional to have the drain lines cleaned once each year. During a professional cleaning, an experienced technician will clean the drain lines and ensure they are not clogged with debris.
Door Gaskets: These should be regularly wiped down with soap and water to prevent bacteria and mold growth. If the door gaskets are cracked or damaged, they should be replaced.
Flooring: The floors should be regularly swept, mopped, and kept clean of all food and debris.
Extra Tips for Keeping Your Commercial Walk-In Freezer Running Efficiently
– Close the door when not in use
– Do not block the door or prop it open for extended periods of time
– Clean the evaporator coil at least twice per year
– Periodically check that the fan motors are running at the right speed
– Maintain clean and adequate airflow for outside condensing units (ie: no weeds or debris)
– Make sure the lights are off when exiting the walk-in freezer
– Periodically check the gasket between the panels to ensure they are not cracked
– Periodically check the door sweep for tears and proper sealing
Commercial Freezer Repair and Maintenance Services at Quick Servant
As a food industry professional, you know just how important your walk-in freezer is when it comes to your success. That’s why, at Quick Servant, we offer quality refrigeration repair and maintenance services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you need your walk-in freezer repaired or maintained, we can help! Give us a call today at (888) 238-4133 to learn more or to schedule your appointment online.